Truly a game changer for homeowners in search of a premium lawn seed product that germinates quickly, requires less water and produces more sustainable turf. groSMART Premium Treated Grass Seed is a perfect tall fescue for high-quality, low maintenance yards in across the mid-Atlantic Region.
- Ideally suited for shady areas of home lawns and will perform well in moderate to heavy shade, has excellent drought tolerance, and good insect and disease resistance.
- Treated with a patented collection of proprietary growth enhancers insuring quick germination, superior color and overall improvement in the sustainability of the plant.
- groSMART™ Technology enables the plant to develop amazing root depth and density resulting in increased drought tolerance. Superior root development will insure your having a healthier lawn.
- Fewer Nutrients Needed at Planting = LOWER COST / BETTER VALUE – Nutrients and organic growth enhancements on the seed insure a reduction in the amount of nutrients required at planting.
- Treated vs. Coated Seed: If the seed is treated you are actually getting the amount of seed specified on the bag. If coated, the amount of seed in the bag is reduced by up to 20%. Buy a greater VALUE.
- Blue Tag Certified so you can rest assured that what’s claimed on the outside is actually on the inside of the bag.
- Improved Sustainability: Our pre-treated seed dramatically increases the water holding capacity of the seed and soil, which means less watering needed for germination and sustainability over the longer term.
groSMART Premium Grass is engineered to significantly improve that you’ll have a beautiful lawn. However, you have a vital role in the health of your newly planted lawn. We suggest you take these few steps to ensure the seed thrives.
Hints for Success
- Properly prepare the area and know first-hand the soil’s condition. Do a soil test to be sure of the pH level (6.2-6.8 is ideal) and nutrient content. Apply a calcitic lime and/or time release starter fertilizer as indicated by your soil analysis results.
- Keep the sown area moist for three weeks after germination and thereafter provide at least 1” of water per week.
- Water less frequently but for longer duration to insure deeper root development.
- Approximately 6-8 weeks after germination apply another round of starter fertilizer.